Diagnostic Imaging Editorial Calendar 2013
Diagnostic Imaging’s 2013 content will include:
• Daily clinical and product news briefs
• Weekly feature articles based on the following calendar*
• Regular podcasts and videos
• Blog posts: regular contributions from physicians, imaging professionals, consultants, and industry experts
• Weekly polls and occasional surveys
• Case Studies
• Conference coverage
• Patient image exchange portals: what’s new and what are the benefits and drawbacks?
• Physician Quality Report System penalties: To avoid penalties in 2015, providers must report quality measures in 2013. Here’s what you need to know.
• What’s new in ultrasound elastography?
• Contrast agents: How are groups communicating risks to patients and ensuring proper administration?
• Facing a financial audit: Now what?
• Mobile computing update – A look at the increased use of smartphones in practice.
• Top ways radiologists can improve communications with referrers, patients.
• Improving communicaitons between radiologists and technologists
• A look at the new HIPPA rule and what it means for radiologists
• The role of supervising physician – what are the rules and duties?
• Radiology data registries 101 – what are they and what do you need to know to comply?
• Update on radiology market landscape – How are practices weathering the rash of mergers and acquisitions?
• Radiology Consultation Clinic – Mass General has a pilot program to facilitate consult between patients and radiologists. Are other academic departments doing the same?
• Imaging "steerage" - What is it and how is it affecting your business?
• Radiologist Compensation Survey – We present the results of our 2013 survey
• Enterprise Imaging – what is it and how do you know if it’s the right option for your institution?
This month will feature a four-part series on the Affordable Care Act and how it’s affecting radiologists: This series will explore new payment models, accountable care organizations, reimbursement cuts, and health insurance exchanges.
* PLEASE NOTE: This editorial calendar will be updated regularly and is subject to change. Contact Sara Michael at email@example.com with pitches and sources.