From job market woes to communication tips, the hottest blogs in 2013 touched on some of the greatest concerns facing radiologists.
From job market woes to communication tips, the hottest blogs on Diagnostic Imaging in 2013 touched on some of the greatest concerns facing radiologists.
We’ve compiled a Top 5 list of the most-read blogs in 2013.
1. Radiology Job Market Will Improve, Eventually - In his April post, Saurabh Jha, MD, offers a response to a New York Times article about dwindling jobs for specialists. Yes, the labor market and reimbursement expectations have changed, he says, but “fret not, trainees, and hang in there.”
2. 8 Things a Radiology Manager Wants Radiologists to Know - Administrator Jim Lipcamon offered his insights aimed at improving the relationship between manager and radiologists. Among his suggestions: “Bill for everything you do. It’s critical that radiology reports describe every detail of the procedure that was done so reimbursement can be maximized for both you and the facility.”
3. 6 Characteristics of the Top 1% of Successful People - Another popular post from Jim Lipcamon details what it takes to be successful, expanding on self-help guru Garrison Wynn’s insights. Among his observations is people are most likely to bond with people who listen more than they talk.
4. A Radiological Christmas Carol - In a humorous and deeply insightful post, Eric Postal, MD, offers his take on the Christmas Carol tale with the ghosts of Radiology Past, Present and Future.
5. 8 Elements of Effective Communication - Jim Lipcamon again channeled management experts and boiled down these tips for counseling or coaching employees.