Merge will unveil at RSNA 2012 a mobile and online platform that will allow patients to select a radiologist, schedule appointments and receive results.
Merge Healthcare Inc. will unveil at RSNA 2012 a mobile and online platform that will allow patients to select a radiologist, schedule appointments and receive results.
The platform will feature a mobile app for referring physicians to send patients to recommended imaging centers, a site for consumers to complete pre-work and schedule appointments, a cloud-based portal for imaging centers to share results to referrers and patients, and analytics for practices.
The goal is to close the loop between a referral and a patient receiving results, said Merge CEO Jeff Surges.
The mobile and online platform will be available in 2013 and will become the new merge.com, the company said.
Merge will also highlight several other solutions:
• The Merge Honeycomb is a suite of cloud-based applications including the archive for storing medical images securely and the image sharing application that allows users to upload, download, view and share images.
• The enterprise-wide image interoperability platform iConnect is a suite of solutions aimed at improving workflow, reducing delays and lowering costs.
• The MergeRIS provides functionality needed to achieve meaningful use of electronic health systems under the federal incentive program, including data collection, reporting, a patient portal, and ePrescribing.
• The company’s cardiology solution, Merge Hemo, was ranked No. 1 by KLAS in 2011.
• The latest version of MergePACS includes a modular design for easy integration with third-party systems.